Monday, January 25, 2010

Arielle

Dear Bloggers,
I want to introduce you to the little girl I tutor. Oh, she is just the sweetest thing. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to read. I guess that's why I'm her tutor! Anyway she's a little 5 yr. old black girl. She's very shy, and somehow I managed to get through to her.When I walked in the room she was sitting there looking as if she did not want to be there and was forced in the chair against her will. When I started asking her to read all I got was " uh....I don't know," along with a frown and fidgety fingers. I FINALLY got her to read by picking her up and letting her sit in my lap. By this time I would say, "Sam can run." Then she would say "Swam cwan rwun." And I'm thinking, "Ohhhh!!!!! How cute!!!!"

While she was sitting in my lap she would put her hands on mine while I was reading (HOW CUTE CAN SHE GET???????). Her hands were half the size of my palm. When i was calling out colors to her we came across yellow. I would say, "What word is that?" and she would say, "lellow," as if she was never more sure of anything. "No, it's YELLOW." "I know, lellow." Or if I said "blue," she would say "boo." I almost died of her cuteness. When we finished a book, i would say ," Do you realize you just read a book?". And she would say , " and i did it allll by MYSELF." And i would sya " yep, you sure did!"I really hope she gets better at reading! She has such potential! Keep her in your prayers! I think she needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment